Media & Writing Skills Training
A highly experienced journalist and media lecturer for the Public Relations Institute of Ireland, Frank Dillon offers a range of writing and media relations courses.
These programmes are currently being run in conjunction with the Public Relations Institute of Ireland and are open to both members and non-members of the Institute. Details of forthcoming course at are available at www.prii.ie
In addition, each of these courses can be delivered in-house and customised to organisation’s specific requirements. Please contact Frank Dillon at email@example.com for details of customised corporate programmes.
Effective press release writing– An in-depth look at how to write a press release, with a highly interactive workshop element, currently delivered in a full-day format.
It will show you:
- How to categorise news to correctly target journalists;
- How to use news ‘triggers’ to source and develop stories;
- How to structure your content; and also
- Examines distribution channels for both new and traditional formats.
By the end of the day, you will have enhanced your understanding of the principles of good news releases and their role in media relations.
The workshop specifically addresses
- Press releases – how to produce them, the facts and ideas, the detail, the style and presentation
- Eye catching headlines – what works well and what doesn’t
- The sins that send press releases into bins
- News delivery: traditional and Web 2.0 – multimedia news releases, blogs, RSS feeds, social networking sites
- The “news factor” judgement journalists apply to your announcement
- Picture power – the use of video and photography to create a story.
- Grasp how journalists think and what they want
- Develop your skills in story spotting and writing
- Understand the technical process of news writing
- Maximise your potential for coverage
- Be more effective at pitching your stories to the media